Grace dos Santos
Grace is a Counselling Psychologist, originally from Brazil and has been living in New Zealand for 17 years. Her practice is derived from a holistic approach, which aims to empower individuals by giving them the tools and understanding of personal circumstances to create a more enjoyable and fulfilling life.
She has a special interest in working with anxiety, stress and burnout, self-esteem, relationship difficulties and chronic health related issues.
Grace is committed to provide a non-judgemental environment for her clients so they feel valued and supported.
Her main therapeutic techniques are Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness-Based Strategies, Narrative Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) with strong emphasis on self-care and self-compassion.
Grace has worked in both the private and public health sectors and sees adults, adolescents, and children for a range of difficulties including, but not limited to:
- Anxiety (panic, generalised anxiety, social anxiety, agoraphobia, obsessive compulsive disorder)
- Depression and low mood
- Stress and burn out
- Adjustment difficulties
- Sleep difficulties
- Grief and loss
- Eating disorders
- Relationship difficulties
- Chronic health related issues
- Life transitions
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology
- Master of Sciences in Counselling Psychology
- Master of Sciences in Health Psychology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts (extended major in Psychology)
Registered with New Zealand Psychologist Board.
Member of New Zealand Psychological Society
- Work and Income
- National Hauora Coalition
- Primary Health Organisation
To make an appointment, or if you have any questions, feel free to contact Grace on either phone number 021 42 49 51, or an email to gr[email protected]