Grace is a Counselling Psychologist, originally from Brazil and has been living in New Zealand for the past 20 years. Her practice is derived from a holistic approach, which aims to empower individuals by giving them the tools and understanding of personal circumstances to create a more enjoyable and fulfilling life.
She has a special interest in working with anxiety, stress and burnout, self-esteem, relationship difficulties and chronic health related issues.
Grace is committed to provide a non-judgemental environment for her clients so they feel valued and supported.
Her main therapeutic techniques are Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness-Based Strategies, Narrative Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) with strong emphasis on self-care and self-compassion.
Grace has worked in both the private and public health sectors and sees adults, adolescents, and children for a range of difficulties including, but not limited to:
- Anxiety (panic, generalised anxiety, social anxiety, agoraphobia, obsessive compulsive disorder)
- Depression and low mood
- Stress and burn out
- Adjustment difficulties
- Sleep difficulties
- Grief and loss
- Eating disorders
- Relationship difficulties
- Chronic health related issues
- Life transitions
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology
- Master of Sciences in Counselling Psychology
- Master of Sciences in Health Psychology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts (extended major in Psychology)
Registered with New Zealand Psychologist Board.
Member of New Zealand Psychological Society
- Work and Income
- National Hauora Coalition
- Primary Health Organisation